DIY: Minimal Christmas Wreath
Let there be Joy!
Story by Kayla Stock
Photos by Kelli Avila
Deck the halls and get your home in the holiday spirit with this festive, fun to make wreath. If the weather is keeping you indoors, or if you’re looking for something to do with your pre-teen and teenager, this is a great way to make some memories and a beautiful decoration to display on your front door.
• Hula hoop
• Spray paint (gold or silver)
• Wood letters (J, O, Y)
• Fresh or faux eucalyptus
1. Spray paint hula hoop in the metallic color of your choice.
2. Spray paint letters in the metallic color of your choice.
3. Tie twine in a knot around the hula hoop and start wrapping twine over the hoop in X patterns.
4. Cut eucalyptus stems and tie stems around the edge of the hoop to create the wreath.
5. Hang letters to spell “JOY” (add additional tape to back of letters to keep them from moving around).
6. Hang and enjoy!
TIP: Use letters to spell a different word of your choice or use a different spray paint color.