Plan an Award-Worthy Watch Party
Whether you’re gearing up for awards season or spending an evening catching up on your favorite TV drama, there are plenty of small screen events that provide the perfect backdrop for a watch party. Gather your friends and family and get ready to tune in to a fun-filled evening with these helpful tips.
Use themed decor to set the stage. If you’re watching an awards show, go big on blingy accents and metallic tones that mimic the glimmering trophies. Golden-hued serving bowls and plastic cutlery help carry the theme into your kitchen. For an extra special touch to help capture memories of the celebration, create a red-carpet photo booth and snap photos of your VIP guests as they arrive.
Provide ample comfy seating. You don’t have to have an elaborate theater-style media room to create a comfortable viewing experience. Just be sure you have a spot for everyone, even if you rely on pillows on the floor.
Plan a menu that reflects the occasion. Since no party is complete without a delicious food spread, create finger foods that fit the theme of your viewing party. An iconic option like microwave popcorn is sure to be a crowd-pleaser because of its delicious flavor and versatility. Whether you create an enticing popcorn station with fun mix-ins or prepare mouthwatering snacks like festive Mini Popcorn Balls with Chocolate Fondue, microwave popcorn is always a party pleaser. Use a high-quality gourmet popcorn, such as Orville Redenbacher’s, which is the only leading brand that uses real butter. From buttery to sweet and savory, all varieties feature non-GMO, 100 percent whole-grain kernels that pop up lighter and fluffier than ordinary popcorn.
Mini Popcorn Balls with Chocolate ‘Fondue’
Prep time: 25 minutes
- 1 bag Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop! 94 Percent Fat-Free Butter Microwave Popcorn
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup stick butter or margarine (1/4 cup = 1/2 stick)
- 1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups light chocolate syrup
- colored candy sprinkles (optional)
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Remove all un-popped kernels. Spray large bowl with nonstick spray; add popped corn.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and vanilla. Heat 5 minutes, or until marshmallows melt, stirring frequently. Pour over popcorn; mix well with spoon sprayed with cooking spray. Moisten hands with water before shaping popcorn mixture into 24 small balls, about 1/3-cup popcorn mixture each.
- In small saucepan, heat chocolate syrup over medium heat 5 minutes, or until warm, stirring occasionally. Transfer to small, fondue-style pot.
- Use wooden skewers or fondue forks to pick up popcorn balls and dip into chocolate and sprinkles, if desired.