Stay Cool in These Last Months of Summer
07/27/2016 03:00PM ● Published by Enjoy Magazine
Beat the Heat
It’s summertime, which means it’s time to get out and enjoy the sunshine. But be warned, with the sun comes the heat. Whether you’re enjoying the park with your family or exercising outdoors, it’s important to stay hydrated, especially during the hot summer months.
Staying properly hydrated can keep the heat from ruining your outdoor fun. Dehydration can be a serious bummer. Luckily, it’s easily preventable, and you don’t have to stick to just water. You may be surprised to learn that both white milk and chocolate milk are great hydration options, too.
Here are three simple tips to stay hydrated all summer long:
• Watch your thirst: this is usually the first sign of dehydration. Sip on a variety of hydrating beverages throughout the day, instead of waiting until you’re thirsty.
• If you’re a parent, keep an eye on the intensity of your kids’ activities and always have hydrating drinks on hand. Grabbing a cup of cold milk on the way to the park is a great on-the-go option.
• Begin your day by pairing a glass of milk with your breakfast. Not only does milk help you stay hydrated, you’ll enjoy other benefits like nine essential nutrients including 8 grams of high-quality, natural protein in every 8-ounce glass.
Staying properly hydrated doesn’t have to be difficult. Try this Super Food Smoothie for a refreshing and delicious way to hydrate. For more information and recipe ideas, visit milklife.com.
Super Food Smoothie
• 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries
• 1 cup lowfat or fat free milk
• 1 banana, sliced
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• ½ cup ice
In blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour into two glasses and serve.