10 Great Places to Say "I Love You"
02/01/2007 01:21PM ● Published by Brandi Barnett
Love Me TenderFebruary 2007
By Sophia Zanirdi
Photo: Lorenzo Dell'Anno
February is the month in which Valentine’s Day arrives allowing us to show the “Special Person” in our lives how much we truly love them. With all of the splendor, beauty and amenities the North State has to offer, this task is not too hard—unless you have trouble making decisions. Whether you enjoy a quiet evening or outdoor activity, here are some ideas to help you deliver the message, whether for Valentine’s Day or any day of the year.
• Take your sweetheart for a stroll down the Sacramento River Trail, ending with a spectacular sunset at the Sundial Bridge.
• If the one you love thinks the River Trail isn’t challenging enough, pack a picnic lunch and hike to the newly discovered Whisketytown Falls.
• If you want a momento of your special date, spend an evening at Vintner’s Cellar, creating your own wine and custom wine label. (530) 222-WINE
• Book the Romance Package on the Shasta Sunset Dinner Train and wine and dine your loved one. (530) 926-1715
• Kick up your heels like Fred and Ginger, and schedule ballroom dancing lessons at the Old City hall. Whisper your love over a romantic dip. (530) 244-9442
• For the active sort, and not your usual date, go snowshoeing at Lassen Park, where you can enjoy a beautiful winter wonderland.
• If a little pampering is more your style, schedule a Decadent Duo (massage for two) at Urban Retreat.
• Bundle up, head off into the frozen tundra and go dog sledding with Dog Sled Express
in Etna. A little snuggling and an “I love you” is sure to keep you warm. (530) 467-3009
• Skate on down to the Siskiyou Ice Rink and take a trip out onto the ice. If your special someone isn’t an ice skating pro, its a good excuse to hold on tight to keep them from falling. (530) 926-1715
• For the theatre affectionado, try a night out on the town and see one of the many fine productions at the Cascade Theatre.